For a downloadable copy of my CV, please request via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following summarises my executive career. I am currently available for work, and if required, can contract via my ABN.
I am based in Adelaide, and can attend locations within 50km of the CBD.
I have a fully equipped home office from which I am able to provide virtual assistance.
Sue McKay – Curriculum Vitae
Police check valid to 16 June 2020 ~and~ DCSI clearance valid to 27 April 2021.
Sarah Marquis, CEO & Owner, Mollydooker Wines
“Sue is a highly qualified Office Professional with extensive experience in the field of office and record management, corporate governance, executive board meetings minutes, agendas and follow up. Sue’s nature is calm and professional at all times, and her attention to detail and keeping her team on task is outstanding. As a self-motivated, methodical thinker with a strong work ethic, she is also highly adaptable, reliable and outcome focused. Sue would be an asset to any team or organisation requiring these skill sets.”
Richard Mussell, CEO, Animal Welfare League of SA
“I have had the pleasure of working with Sue McKay for over 10 years, the past 3 at the AWL in her role as Executive Assistant. Sue is an intelligent professional with a broad range of skills in management, in particular communication, customer service, marketing and governance. One of those people that is great to have around, Sue effortlessly gains respect and admiration from colleagues and would be an asset to any organisation.”
Luci Zwarycz, Board Chairman, Animal Welfare League of SA
“In my time as Chairman, Sue has, on many occasions, gone above and beyond expectations, to accommodate business needs. I can say, with honesty, that Sue has been an integral part of our team and will be sorely missed. I have no hesitation in recommending Sue for any position she applies for.”
Career to Date
Mar 2019 – Current (0.6 Contract to Dec 2019)
Women’s & Children’s Health Network – EO to Director, Corporate Governance & Policy supporting the Board
- Minute Secretary to 2 Board Committees
- Writing and compilation of Board papers.
- Onboarding matters in relation to the WCHN Governing Board.
- Creation and compilation of Board Induction Resource.
- Liaising with executive and senior staff in designing of the WCHN Committee Structure.
- Assisting Director, Corporate Governance & Policy, and Ministerial Liaison Officer with Ministerial, Department and CE WCHN correspondence.
- Writing and updating of procedural documentation and other WCHN materials for publishing to the Intranet.
Mar 2019 – Current (Casual Position)
Australian Institute of Professional Photography – Administration Assistant
- Virtual role, working from home.
- Key contact for Corporate Sponsors’ communications to AIPP members.
- Creation & issuing of Electronic Distributable Media & social media posts.
- Event Invitations and RSVPs.
- Design and compilation of Sponsorship Management Data across several tiers and noting of various sponsorship benefits.
- CRM database maintenance.
- Assisting with Membership Support Ticketing System responses.
Oct 2018 – Mar 2019
Mollydooker Wines – EA to Owner / CEO / Chief Winemaker
- Advisory Board and C-Level support.
- Strategic & Operational Planning / Traffic Light Reporting.
- Human Resources.
- Caretaker Marketing Manager.
- Email and diary management.
- International travel arrangements.
- Media liaison.
- Event management.
Feb – Sep 2018 (Various Temporary Assignments)
Executive and Administrative Support
Via five recruitment agencies, I assisted the following organisations with immediate relief at a senior executive and administrative support level.
- Dept for Energy & Mining – Freedom of Information Officer
- Anglicare SA – EA to 3 GMs (Housing & Homelessness / Aged Care)
- Attorney General’s Dept (Crown Solicitor’s Office) – Administration
- South Australian Film Corporation – Reception
- TAFE – Head of Concierge (Event Management)
Dec 2014 – Feb 2018
Animal Welfare League (AWL) – EA to CEO
- Providing executive, communications & project support to the CEO, Board of Management, 5 Committees, and the Senior Management Team.
- Writing board & committee meeting papers; agenda preparation, meeting papers distribution, minuting of meetings, follow up of action items.
- Strategic and Operational Planning.
- Research and data analysis.
- Writing on behalf of the CEO and Chairman of the Board including daily correspondence, reports and intranet updates
- Developing and maintaining a quality document control system and procedure manual for the office of the CEO.
- Working with consultant Market Researcher for external stakeholder consultations.
- Creation of research and feedback surveys.
- CEO email, diary management, travel arrangements and bookings, credit card reconciliation.
- Complaint handling.
- Database formulation.
- Bequests and legal correspondence.
- Event and Workshop organisation.
- HR Support.
Jul 2008 – Dec 2014 (Own Business)
Kick It To Me Enterprises
|From July 2008 I ran my own business ‘Kick It To Me Enterprises’. The business had four divisions. These were Kick It To Me Admin Solutions, Kick It To Me Events, Kick It To Me Accommodation and Kick It To Me Trade Services. |
Whilst managing all four I also contracted my skills specifically to clients of the ‘Admin Solutions’ and ‘Events’ division, fulfilling temporary vacancies for my clients including Executive Assistant, Executive Officer, Administration Officer, Office Manager, Finance Support Officer, Marketing and Communications Support, Project Officer, and HR Administration Officer. Clients included the public, private and not-for-profit sectors in a variety of industries:
|Animal Welfare League of SA / David Liddiard Group / Rex Minerals Ltd / Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources / Stormwater Management Authority / Youth Hostel Association of South Australia / Brazzale Constructions / Catherine House Inc / Rivergum Homes|
May 2007 – Jun 2008
Dept for Environment & Heritage – Marketing & PR Officer
- Liaison with Dept of Premier and Cabinet and media liaison for planting of the 1.5 millionth tree event with Premier Mike Rann & Terri Irwin.
- Marketing strategies for Parks SA & ‘Stirring the Possum’ community forums including writing of briefs for the Chief Executive and panel.
- Writing and editing of articles for annual departmental magazine, quarterly stakeholder publication and monthly internal departmental newsletter.
- Community engagement and event management including sourcing of Terri Irwin of Australia Zoo.
- Project work including Cleland National Park 40th birthday celebrations.
- Review of network filing and Recfind.
Dec 2006–Apr 2007 (Backfill)
Dept for Environment & Heritage – Executive Officer to CE
- Preparation and briefings for Ministerial meetings.
- Agenda preparation and minuting of Agency Director meetings.
- Email management.
- Diary management.
Jul 2005–Nov 2006
Dept for Environment & Heritage – PA to Head of Gardens
- Executive support to Head of Adelaide Botanic Garden.
- Travel arrangements, email and diary management.
- Letter writing.
- Liaison with management of all Botanic Gardens of Adelaide and the Office of the Chief Executive.
Jan 2005-Jul 2005
Adelaide Football Club – Commercial Operations & Admin Officer
- Account Service for a portfolio of 16 Corporate Sponsors.
- Account Service of top two Coterie Membership groups (58 memberships in total).
- Marketing and Public Relations.
- Liaison with Office of the CEO, Football Operations, and event day staff to ensure smooth administration of commercial operations.
- Function organisation & management (including hospitality and seating) for each match day, with 70 in attendance.
- Host of “The Premiership Club” each match day.
- Executive Officer of the Gala Auction Committee.
- Event organisation for the Gala Auction & Dinner Dance.
- Establishment of administrative procedures including databases.
- Complaint handling.